CPUID

Ricardo Telichevesky
Could not find this info anywhere ... A particular package uses the CPUID instruction to test if a license is valid. Normally it would report

   CPU Vendor is           GenuineIntel
   CPU Stepping is         4
   CPU Model is            14
   CPU Family is           6
   CPU Processor Type is   0
   CPU Extended Model is   62
   CPU Extended Family is  6

but running inside valgrind memcheck it reports

   CPU Vendor is           GenuineIntel
   CPU Stepping is         7
   CPU Model is            10
   CPU Family is           6
   CPU Processor Type is   0
   CPU Extended Model is   42
   CPU Extended Family is  6

Is there anyway we can sort of tell valgrind to report the correct CPUID or at least something it would read from a configuration?

Thanks
Ricardo

Re: CPUID

John Reiser
> Is there anyway we can sort of tell valgrind to report the correct CPUID
> or at least something it would read from a configuration?

No.  Well, you could change the source code to valgrind, then re-build.
The results of CPUID were chosen because they describe the hardware that
valgrind knows how to support, and thus the user-mode code and valgrind
can agree on the capabilities of the "virtual" CPU.