= First time Valgrind user. Receiving segmentation fault =

= First time Valgrind user. Receiving segmentation fault =

Prashant Motewar
Hi,
I have installed valgrind-2.4.0 on linux. I am
receiving "segmentation fault" immediately when I run
valgrind.

fp- valgrind /tmp/fp/EXEFILE
==21315== Memcheck, a memory error detector for
x86-linux.
==21315== Copyright (C) 2002-2005, and GNU GPL'd, by
Julian Seward et al.
==21315== Using valgrind-2.4.0, a program supervision
framework for x86-linux.
==21315== Copyright (C) 2000-2005, and GNU GPL'd, by
Julian Seward et al.
Segmentation fault

Any pointer ????

Thanks in advance,
Prashant

Re: = First time Valgrind user. Receiving segmentation fault =

Igmar Palsenberg

> I have installed valgrind-2.4.0 on linux. I am
> receiving "segmentation fault" immediately when I run
> valgrind.

> Any pointer ????

Yeah, make sure you don't compile with --enable-pie.

Regards,

        Igmar