Date: Tue Jan 3 22:03:43 2017
New Revision: 16192
Add Solaris specific notes on running regression tests
Reported by: Paul Floyd <[hidden email]>
--- trunk/README.solaris (original)
+++ trunk/README.solaris Tue Jan 3 22:03:43 2017
@@ -17,6 +17,8 @@
- GNU make is also required. On Solaris, this can be quickly achieved with:
$ PATH=/usr/gnu/bin:$PATH; export PATH
- For remote debugging support, working GDB is required (see below).
+- For running regression tests, GNU sed, grep, awk, diff are required.
+ This can be quickly achieved on Solaris by prepending /usr/gnu/bin to PATH.
@@ -123,7 +125,6 @@
- Provide better error reporting for various subsyscalls.
- Implement storing of extra register state in signal frame.
- Performance comparison against other platforms.
- Prevent SIGPIPE when writing to a socket (coregrind/m_libcfile.c).
- Implement ticket locking for fair scheduling (--fair-sched=yes).
- Implement support in DRD and Helgrind tools for thr_join() with thread == 0.
@@ -137,6 +138,8 @@
to see this in effect. Would require awareness of syscall parameter semantics.
- Correctly print arguments of DW_CFA_ORCL_arg_loc in show_CF_instruction() when
it is implemented in libdwarf.
+- Handle a situation when guest program sets SC_CANCEL_FLG in schedctl and
+ Valgrind needs to invoke a syscall on its own.