Quantcast

Verbosity levels

Nicholas Lamb

Hi,

Does anyone know the maximum verbosity level supported by Valgrind? Is it tool-specific? In the user manual, for the -v or –verbose option, it states: “Repeating the option increases the verbosity level”. But it doesn’t mention how many -v’s can be used.

Thanks,

Nicholas.

Re: Verbosity levels

Julian Seward-2

On 04/11/16 16:04, Nicholas Lamb wrote:
> Does anyone know the maximum verbosity level supported by Valgrind?

2 or 3.  Not sure now.  You can also get tons of internal debugging info
with -d or -d -d etc.

Re: Verbosity levels

Philippe Waroquiers
On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 16:16 +0100, Julian Seward wrote:
> On 04/11/16 16:04, Nicholas Lamb wrote:
> > Does anyone know the maximum verbosity level supported by Valgrind?
>
> 2 or 3.  Not sure now.  You can also get tons of internal debugging info
> with -d or -d -d etc.
Note you can put a lot of -v, and that will increase the verbosity
value (e.g. adding 6 -v args  will increase the default verbosity from 1
to 7).
But as far as I can see, the code does nowhere something like >= 4,
the 'highest' I have seen is >= 3.

Philippe