unlink errors when running mysql under valgrind

unlink errors when running mysql under valgrind

Machiel Richards
HI all

   I am hoping this mail finds everyone well.

    I am having some issues when trying to run mysqld under valgrind.

   Due to memory leaks somewhere on mysql , we decided to run it under valgrind in order to try and trace the problem.

     However after successfully installing valgrind on the server, we now try to run it as follows :

valgrind --tool=massif --massif-out-file=/mnt/massif.out /usr/sbin/mysqld --default-file=/etc/mysql/my.cnf

    however we keep getting the error :

could not unlink /mnt/vgdb-pipe-from-vgdb-to-9156-by-root-on-???

   From some research , I see that it may be because mysqld is started as root and then changes to mysql user thus causing permissions issues

    I am however trying to find a solution to this.

   Is there anyone that can perhaps advise me as I am new to valgrind.

Regards
Mac

--
I am a bomb technician...If you see me running, TRY TO KEEP UP!