valgrind it doesn't work with Qt Creator in OS X

valgrind it doesn't work with Qt Creator in OS X

Freddy Martinez Garcia
Hi Guys... I'm trying to run valgrind inside Qt Creator as I can make in Linux but it doesn't work. I have sent an email to the Qt Creator list and they sent me here to ask... my mail was this:

Valgrinf it doesn’t work on OS X El Capitan:
Hi guys… I’m trying to run Valgrind inside Qt Creator in OS X El Capitan. I have the last Qt version and when I run the Valgrind (using Valgrind Memory Analizer or Valgrinf Function Profile) valgrind remain unfunctional and my progrmam never start…

what am i suppose to do ? any idea ?? regards

regards

"El tamaño de tus logros depende del tamaño de tus metas."

C++ and Qt Senior Developer
Lic. Computer Science
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: valgrind it doesn't work with Qt Creator in OS X

Paul Floyd

> Hi Guys... I'm trying to run valgrind inside Qt Creator as I can make
> in Linux but it doesn't work. I have sent an email to the Qt Creator
> list and they sent me here to ask... my mail was this:
>

> Valgrinf it doesn’t work on OS X El Capitan:
> Hi guys… I’m trying to run Valgrind inside Qt Creator in OS X El
> Capitan. I have the last Qt version and when I run the Valgrind
> (using Valgrind Memory Analizer or Valgrinf Function Profile)
> valgrind remain unfunctional and my progrmam never start…
>

> what am i suppose to do ? any idea ?? regards

Hi Freddy

Does it work outside of Qt Creator? I would recommend that you try to get it running in a console first, and then proceed to Qt Creator.

Regards
Paul

Re: valgrind it doesn't work with Qt Creator in OS X

Freddy Martinez Garcia
Hi Paul... that's is the problem.. valgrind it doesn't work in Qt Creator, nither in console... but I need to know if I have a memory leaks, because my application is a server which has many connections.

what can I do about it ? valgrind is the only tool which I know to check memory leaks

regards